With DISQOVER, researchers and study designers gain access to a wealth of data from disparate sources that can be easily compared and visualized insightfully. This revolutionizes several main activities, such as:
- finding similar trials, trials addressing similar issues, or trials applying similar techniques, for a more comprehensive literature review;
- discovering possible new endpoints or measures used in similar studies;
- determining the suitability of eligibility criteria and identifying potentially significant omissions;
- analyzing existing studies for criteria associated with failures to boost chances of success
- identifying the most suitable sites for a study based on their previous experience with similar trials or the potential to expand their portfolio.
- identifying which sites are most likely to attract patients who will respond to the studied treatment.
- finding out whether a site has the capabilities to carry out a trial in a specific area, such as patient recruitment, data management and analysis, and more.
GET THE BIG PICTURE WITH DATA VISUALIZATION
Using DISQOVER's visualization capabilities, you can gain deep insight into all your data sources at once. This makes it much easier to spot trends that can bring significant value to your organization:
- spotting clusters of trials with similar endpoints;
- gaining new insight into how a particular endpoint is defined across different studies;
- observing changes in perceptions of specific criteria over time;
- or simply comparing study design elements across trials from different geographic regions or periods.
- using this information to find new opportunities to expand your portfolio or improve the quality of your portfolio.
- and much more.
When you know where your data is and how it's changing over time, you can make better business decisions to help you achieve your goals.
"On average, data researchers spend around one day per week gathering information."
SEARCH, FILTER, AND COMPARE CLINICAL STUDIES
DISQOVER is built upon intelligent semantic search and filter technologies to make this possible. These enable users to reduce a large set of clinical studies and other data points into a manageable subset.
Under the hood is a powerful engine that…
- integrates data from a range of sources and automatically recognizes studies reported multiple times and merges the information;
- standardizes filter criteria across databases – e.g., trial phase – and maps these to concepts for further contextual enrichment – including intervention type, sponsor, study site and characteristics, etc.
- allows users to 'backtrack' links to identified concepts, including indication, intervention, study site, sponsor, and investigator.
- creates comprehensive dashboards that offer insights from a chosen point of view, e.g., the disease, the site, the company, or the treatment.
SEE DISQOVER IN ACTION: SEARCHING CLINICAL STUDY SITES
In this demo, you will discover how to find clinical study sites related to a specific subset of clinical studies. The integration and harmonization of multiple clinical study repositories make finding insights into the 500.000+ available clinical studies fast and easy.