Release Notes DISQOVER 5.20
The DISQOVER User Interface has been further improved, addressing residual issues after the major dashboard redesign in 5.1. This document contains the release notes of the DISQOVER version 5.20 and instructions to upgrade from version 5.10.1 or higher to this new version. Please make sure you have read these before updating or installing this new release.
New features :
- Tokenization of Search Terms is integrated in the search bar. This simplifies making search combinations with the Search Expansion feature.
- More flexibility in navigating between upstream and downstream dashboards.
– The Search Strategy Widget is extended with a Discovery Overview to visualize linked dashboards as clickable elements of a tree.
– A ‘Restrict to Dashboard’ action happens now in the same dashboard and is reversible.
– In addition, the dashboard title section has clickable links to go back to the linked data of the previous dashboard to allow switching to a new dashboard.
- New dashboard data visualizations are added, driven by several use cases: a Sankey Diagram to visualize the correlation between two properties, and an extension of the Pie Chart with the visualization of a second property as pie radii.
- The possibility to change a Canonical Type for an existing dashboard is added.
- Dashboards can now be maximized to full screen.
- The data sources section is extended with a configuration view to visualize the configuration ontology with data provenance highlighting.
- A new component ‘Aggregate and Transform’ is added to the Data Ingestion Engine. Combined with new functions in the Data Ingestion Engine Expression Language, this provides more expressive power.
- Nicer and more customizable display of legends in dashboard visualizations: docked layout and the possibility to hide.
- Restructuring of the template management view to improve the UX.
- All frontend code is completely ported to React/Redux which improves performance, maintainability and stability.
- Data Ingestion Engine components and indexing are faster and result in overall faster data processing, especially after an initial indexing.
- Improvements are added to the Data Ingestion Engine to ease pipeline building:
– Facets and properties can now be configured in one step.
– Canonical Types can be configured to encompass complete
– Resource Type (rdf:type) is only needed in complex cases.
– The Extract Class functionality can simplify pipelines with heterogeneous classes.
- Improvements are added to the Data Ingestion Engine to ease data quality control and troubleshooting:
– Easier detection of missing labels and/or duplicate URIs.
– Merge Classes doesn’t introduce duplicate URIs.
– Mapping Classes (by label) support now n-to-n mapping.
– Pipeline Verification warnings are given in case of “parallel paths”.
– A debugging tool allows to calculate predicate statistics.
- An improved data security warning system allows to monitor when data transformations in the Data Ingestion Engine can potentially introduce a broader visibility of the output.
- Improved interoperability by providing the possibility to embed additional Docker containers in a DISQOVER environment.
2. Key features
2.1 Search Term Widget
A tokenized search term widget is integrated in the search bar. This simplifies the use of synonyms and keyword combinations during a linked data search. There is functionality for advanced searches, using Boolean logic and wildcards and the possibility to select synonyms. This advanced functionality is now made more visually attractive, by tokenizing search terms and operators. It also makes synonyms more visible and easier to add into a linked data search.
2.2 Discovery Overview
The Search Strategy Widget is extended with a Discovery Overview to show a tree-like structure view of the entire search pathway.
2.3 New Dashboard Visualization
DISQOVER already has the multistate chord diagram, that shows correlation of values within a facet. With the Sankey Diagram, the same can be done for two different facets. For example, the correlation between adverse events and the actions taken on a drug.
2.4 Change Canonical Type for an Existing Dashboard
The possibility to change a Canonical Type for an existing dashboard is added.
2.5 Dashboard Restrictions & Chart Visualization
A dashboard can be restricted to the currently filtered data without creating another dashboard. This function can be reverted if needed.
Chart legends are now nicer displayed as docked content and there is also the possibility to hide legends.
3. Upgrade instructions
Upgrading DISQOVER from version 5.10.1 or higher to version 5.20 can be achieved by updating the disqover-installer package through yum or apt, and running the disqover-update command.
To upgrade from an earlier version, you need to run additional commands. More details are available in Chapter 3 of the 5.20 System Administrator Manual or via support at email@example.com.
Try the free Community Edition or upgrade to DISQOVER 6.10 Enterprise
Experience the DISQOVER 6.10 Community Edition right now:
- Create a free account
- Enjoy unlimited action to public data
- Access ~150 data sources
- Create your own dashboards and share them with peers
Contact us to unlock the full DISQOVER experience with the ability to link internal and third-party data sources to create a truly data ecosystem.